Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hazard of not speaking the language

Mark and I went out to dinner and to a so-called western bar on Friday night.

Many of the bars have a few set drink/foods that you can order together. The entire menu was in Korean, so we decided to take a risk and just order one of them with no idea what we were actually getting.

It started out innocently enough, they brought out 3 different types of beer...

But ladies and gentlement, please see Exhibit A as an example of one of the pitfalls from blindly ordering from an all Korean menu. WHAT THE HECK?!?!? 

Needless to say, I did not take one bite of this, but brave Mark tried a couple tentacles. He said it wasn't that great and he probably wouldn't order it again. I should hope not! (Are we seeing a trend here with me being too afraid to try stuff and Mark taking the plunge?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness... that looks delicious!!! haha i would die! ;o)

Anonymous said...

OMG i would have puked if that showed up on my plate! I am prob less adventurous than you are!