Sunday, July 11, 2010

Grandpa Material

You know how Westerners tend to think Asians look younger than they really are? Well, we found out last night that the exact OPPOSITE is true when Koreans (at least the ones we know) see white people.

Our friends Kerry and Yuni were telling us that they can't judge how old white people are. So of course, we had to use Mark as our guinea pig. They admitted that when they first met him, they thought he was in his late 30s or early 40s. Our other friend, Ellen, thought he was the same age as her uncle! Ouch.

I must admit, I love that I can tease him about it, after listening to him go on and on about how he married an "older woman." I may be three months older than him, but according to Korean standards, he looks like he's more than ten years older than me! Ha~!

3 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

Freaking hilarious!

Mica said...

Haaa, I totally met a lady in Korea, and I asked if she was in high school. Nope, she was 31. Whoops. Then they thought I was 17, which isn't *too* far off, I guess.

Look at you, married to an OLDER (looking) man, hahaha. How old do they think you are?

Maggie said...

Mark does not look a day over 37;)