Monday, April 6, 2009

A funny Incident on the Subway

This past weekend I was riding on the subway with Mark, SangKwun, and one of Emily's friends. Emily's friend was was really nice and spoke some English. She and I were lucky enough to find seats right next to each other, while SangKwun and Mark had to sit further down the car. We spent the time chatting. When we got to Emily's friend's subway stop, she got off, and a Caucasian girl who looked about my age slid into the seat next to me and said..................

::in an exaggerated, I'm talking to a foreigner voice... you know the voice, loud, slow, voice, enunciating every syllable:: 

"I heard you speaking English. And you are VEERRY GOOOD!!!!!" ::Please note that as she said VEERRY GOOD, she gave me a thumbs up... no I'm not kidding, an actual exaggerated thumbs up sign.::

Wow. All I could say in response was, "Well, I should hope so since I'm FROM America." Then it got really awkward. And I'm still laughing about it now. :-)

5 comments:

Jen said...

LOL! Hilarious Kim! Keep having fun there...

Julia Goolia said...

I was hoping and praying something like this would happen at some point during this trip. And it's every bit as funny as I thought! :)

Lindsey said...

that is awesome!!

Unknown said...

i am rolling on the floor with this one! :D

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha.

Ah, stereotypes. Hilarity so often ensues.