Monday, July 20, 2009

All Caught Up!

Whew... I think I'm officially caught up on the blog. I haven't been able to say that in awhile!

This is a good week for us, as it's the last week before Poly break. This is one week that we've both been looking forward to for awhile.

We will be heading to China for the break. On Saturday we'll fly to Beijing to see Emily and her family. We plan to visit the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, and the Forbidden City. In addition, we're both excited to sample the local fares. I'm told that peking duck and scorpians are "must-tastes"... we'll see just how adventurous I'm feeling. :)

After staying in Beijing for a couple days, we'll go to Quingdao. That's where my birth father's factory is located. We're told we have to sample the TsingTao beer. The brewery is located, oh-so-conveniently, right next to my birth father's factory so that shouldn't be too difficult.

Finally, we'll head to Guangzhou to see SangKwun's stores and home. I know it's a big city, but I don't very much about it. The one thing I DO know is that it's right across the river from Hong Kong. I imagine we'll get to visit there as well, since we're going to fly out of Hong Kong to Korea on Sunday. 

Should be an exciting trip -- we'll take a ton of pictures and update the blog quickly when we return!

OH -- and we received some FANTASTIC news today from the director of our school. In the new semester (starting in September), our hours are going to be shortened. We will all have separate contract negotiations with her after the break to decide how or if we'll take a pay cut. I, personally, could care less about a pay cut if we're working less! Our current hours are Monday through Friday 9am-7:30. The new hours will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9am-6pm. Tuesdays and Fridays will remain 9am-7:30, but the last 40 minutes will be meeting with the management, so not teaching time like it is now. WooHoo!

No comments: