Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

What a strange Mother's Day to have not one, not two, but THREE Moms to think of! I feel so blessed to have all three of these women in my life.

My Mom... last year I gave her a magnet from Curly Girl and it says it so well:
"you know" she said, "Even if she weren't My mom, I would go out of my way to be friends with her."
My mom is so supportive, caring, generous, and a fabulous listener. And I'm amazed at how selfless she's been -- and even truly excited -- when she learned that my birth mother would be entering my life. Thank you for all you do, and mostly just for being YOU. I love you, Mom!

SANY0111

Secondly, my Mom by marriage. You always hear those stories about the crazy mother-in-laws from hell... Well, not to brag or anything (well, okay, I am), but I am willing to place money on the fact that I have the best Mom-In-Law of anyone I know. :) She has welcomed me into her family with open arms. We've had a blast shopping, drinking wine, and generally hanging out. I feel so blessed to have her in my life. I love you!

DSCN1310

Last, is the Mom I just met. Long ago, she made probably one of the biggest sacrifices she's ever had to make when she sent me overseas to be adopted. I can't even imagine how difficult that had to be, and for that, I will be forever grateful. While I don't really feel that I know her very well and our communication is basically non-existent, I look forward to watching our relationship grow.

IMG_0050

Happy Mother's Day to all my Moms!

3 comments:

Mica said...

What a sweet post, Kim! It looks like you have some great moms in your life. :-)

mcaputa@hotmail.com said...

i love it how frank and dennie are holding up peace signs in their picture! good post and i'm glad michael and i got to see you guys before you went back to Korea. have fun learning Korean!

Mom said...

Kim,
what a beautiful message to all of the 'Mom's' in your life. You are so lucky to have a Mother-in-law who is as understanding of all your adventures as Denise is. And to have recently met your Birth-Mother is just an unbelievable ex-perience. We're so happy for you amd forever indebted to her. Love you always!!