Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Next stop... Russia

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, in class today were were talking about major holidays with our classmates. Our Korean-Russian classmate was telling us that in Russia the major holiday is the new year. Basically, for 12 whopping days (Dec. 31~January 11) everyone takes off work and parties. And since it's Russia, I'm sure you can imagine the amount of vodka that is consumed. :)

And then I had to follow that with a description of Christmas that included getting together with family, eating, and exchanging presents for one day only. Lame. Maybe we should do it Russian-style and start extending Christmas over a week at least....

2 comments:

Troubled Seoulite said...

You are so amazing for even asking. My korean vocabulary is very limited, so it'll be hard finding places online. I've decided to just go there and use body language, hand gestures, and broken up English, haha. I'm so jealous of your Japanese students now =(. Thank you so much. you really have been a great help.

Troubled Seoulite said...

You are amazing on top of the amazing I said earlier, haha. Hopefully I can get some kind of insight on how difficult it is to get housing. I'm glad I got the visa too cause I heard a lot about visa runs. Didn't want to do that cause of limited funds. I read that page before. I actually probably read every page on the yahoo answers page, haha. I've been searching for 2 months and asking questions on forums. Still very much out of luck with any answers.