Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sisters Night

Last night Mark and SangKwun both had prior appointments, so ChungPing and I had a "sisters night." First, we gorged ourselves on shabu shabu. Seriously. I think we still had half a pot of veggies of meat, plus noodles and rice to cook when we both started feeling full. We both said we sort of wished Mark was with us because he always eats a lot. Haha.

Then, we came back home, attempted to watch a little Korean TV, and mostly just gossiped. I managed to snap a pic of her... cutest pregnant lady ever award!

DSCN3013

I have to say, I've really been enjoying evenings like this with ChungPing. Even though we can't speak a common language and I don't see her as often as I'd like, she's truly become like a sister to me. I can be myself around her and we can talk about everything from her feelings about the baby, plans for the future, ex-boyfriends, and what our husbands do that make us mad. Also, when she's in town and goes shopping, she almost always picks me up a thing or two to add to my wardrobe and dispenses all sorts of advice about how I should wear it. Can't get much more sisterly than that!!!!

1 comment:

Mica said...

Aww, this sounds so fun! I wish we had shabu-shabu here. :(

When is the bébé due? Will s/he have dual Chinese/Korean citizenship?